Sunday Sermon Resources
Book of Galatians
1. Galatians 5:1 "For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery." In Christ Jesus we are set free and made alive. We have great liberty in Jesus Christ! However, liberty without responsibility can drive us right back into the bondage of sin. How so? Explain. How have you seen this in your life or in the lives of others?
2. Galatians 5:2-4. We enter into favor with God by __________ by __________. We also walk out our righteousness in this same manner. Give several Bible verses as evidence of this principle.
3. We can't gain God's favor by adding our __________ to His grace, mercy, and forgiveness. Why can't we add anything to what Christ already accomplished? Are you tempted to try and add to Christ's finished work in your life?
4. God won't ever love you any more than He does right now!!! Allow that truth to soak into your heart, mind and spirit. Take time to listen to praise music or read scripture and meditate on God's love for you.
5. James 2:10 "For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all." What does this verse tell us about our desire to be law followers and how futile that effort is?
6. Galatians 5:5-6. God has started a work in us and He will see it to completion. We should be saying daily, "Lord, finish your work in me." What work is God doing in you right now? How can you get out of the way of the work that God is doing?
7. Faith without works is __________ and works without faith is exhausting (James 2:18).
8. In Galatians 5:7-12, Paul is making it clear that he does not support nor does he preach circumcision. That is the very reason that he is being persecuted. What are some dangerous doctrines in the church today? What kind of persecution do you see taking place within the church?
9. Galatians 5:13-15 Through Love Serve One Another: We were once serving God out of duty and obligation but now we do so out of our own free will and choice. The whole law can be condensed into one word... LOVE. If I love my brother then I will do what I can to keep him from stumbling. If I love my neighbor then I will love him and pray for him. What kind of brother and/or neighbor are you presently? Are you sharing and showing the love of Jesus to others? What is one thing that you can do to better love others like Jesus?
10. It is only possible for us to love others because God loved us first. How do we fulfill the law and demonstrate our love for others? Read the remainder of Chapter 5 this week as you prepare your heart and mind for next Sunday's message.